3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2010 8:28 AM by comment_1

Creating a portal that allows you to book more than one product, then invoice

selmorzine

Title

Creating a portal that allows you to book more than one product, then invoice

Hi I am a very new user to FM and need some help!

I am creating a booking system which was going well until now. I have created a Contacts layout/table which is then linked into a Bookings layout/table (all relationships work fine) then I have a Products layout/table that is not linked to anything yet.

This is what I would like to do or need to do;

I want to create a portal on the booking page, that will allow me to book different products and as many as I want (i.e. product name, hours, people, price (this comes from products page) plus choose times and add peoples names per product booked

And then create an invoice with everyone's details, including all slots booked for that booking. 

I think that I will be fine with the Invoice part, I just can't get the portal to work.

I found an Invoice demo online and mirror this, creating a Line layout/table and an Invoice layout/table, linked everything in exactly the same and still can't get it to work!!!!!!!

I know that this can be done as the template that comes with filemaker pro for the Invoicing does exactly what I want but I can't work out how to do it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,