2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2013 10:29 AM by EdDietrich

Creating a Stacked Bar or Column Chart

EdDietrich

Title

Creating a Stacked Bar or Column Chart

I need to create a stacked bar or column chart from some data I have in the screenshot attached. 

One axis needs to be by Market, the other needs to chart the Estimated revenue by Accessible (Yes or No) and show as a stacked bar or column. I've looked at other posts on this but can't seem to get it.

Any help appreciated, 

Ed

Screen_Shot_2013-04-19_at_5.10.09_PM.jpg

• 1. Re: Creating a Stacked Bar or Column Chart
          philmodjunk

Is this what you want?

The first bar represents Apparel. One sction of the bar is the total Estimated Revenue for Apparel where Accessible = Yes, the other section of the bar is the total estimated revenue where Accessible = No.

If so, define two calculation fields, cAccessible and cInAccessible that only return the Estimated Value if the Accessible field has the correct value.

cAccessoble would be defined as: If ( Accessible = "Yes" ; Estimated Revenue ) //this field will be blank when Acessible is not Yes.

Then define two summary fields that compute the total of these two new calculation fields as the two "y-series" fields for your stacked bar chart.

In data source, be sure to select the "found set, summary values when sorted" options and also be sure to sort your records by the Market Field.

• 2. Re: Creating a Stacked Bar or Column Chart
            EdDietrich

Phil:

Thanks much, I was able to figure this out from one of your earlier posts on the subject, but thanks for responding. Much Appreciated!

Ed