3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 3:03 PM by philmodjunk

Creating a Table of Contents for a sub-summary field

helloash

Title

Creating a Table of Contents for a sub-summary field

I am trying to creat a TOC for sub-summary field. A sample is attached. Thanks in advance for any help.

winelistTOCpage1_Page_1.png

• 1. Re: Creating a Table of Contents for a sub-summary field
          philmodjunk

And what "sub summary" field is shown in that example? (There are summary fields and sub summary layout parts, but no such thing as a sub summary field.)

What is the structure of the table on which this is based?

• 2. Re: Creating a Table of Contents for a sub-summary field
            helloash

Sorry, I obviously need more help than I have indicated. Here is the best way i can explain this - 

•           I have a sub summary part with the varietal field (aglianico, bordeaux, etc) as well as the description. This is sorted by varietal.
            •      
            •           I have another layout with data for individual wines within each varietal category. We print our wine list from FM Pro but it is so large that that we would like to provide a TOC for our guests. I have attached a sample page from our wine list layout as well. The wine list is sorted by Varietal as well. 
            • 3. Re: Creating a Table of Contents for a sub-summary field
              philmodjunk

In this example, the text in bold: Aglianico, Albarino, Barbera....  marks the sub summary layout parts?

Is this for a printed document where you need to determine the page numbers of actual hard copy?

If so, I believe that a looping script that enters preview mode and then loops through the records setting a number field to Get ( PageNumber ) could be used for this. You'd want to run this script just before printing each time. This field could then be put in a "print above" sub summary layout part (on a new layout) to show the page numbers and you would just remove the body layout part to get your TOC.