1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2014 8:46 AM by philmodjunk

Creating a Unique Fields report for two different fields in the same report

ejolesch_1

Title

Creating a Unique Fields report for two different fields in the same report

I'm not sure what I am trying to accomplish can be done but here goes.....

I am working with an event organizer to enter event information into a FM DB.  I have the information in the DB but it does have some holes in the data and I am trying to generate one report that will provide two pieces of information.

1) The number of records for a particular event.  I think that I have successfully created that report using a self-join (based on an answer I found here).

2) We have captured email addresses for the participants of each event, but there are some missing.  I would like to add to my first report, the number of emails addresses that have been captured.

The layout of the report would look something like this ----

Name of Event        Number of Records for the Event      Number of Email Addresses Captured per Event

I would also like to create a Grand Summary for the entire report.

I have been able to create the report for Part I, but I am struggling on how to create Part 2 of the report.

Any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Elliot

• 1. Re: Creating a Unique Fields report for two different fields in the same report
          philmodjunk

1) Can't really comment on that as a typical event manager has several different tables with very different numbers of records in each table so it would depend on the design of your tables and relationships.

2) Ditto #1

The typical relationships found in many report managers look like this:

Events-----<Event_Contact>-------Contacts

Each Record in Event_Contact links one contact to one event. A contact can participate in multiple events and an event can list multiple contacts (which can be employees, vendors, performers, guests....) 1) would appear to describe counting the records in Event_Contact for a given event, but that does not require any kind of self join. 2) would seem to refer to an email address field defined in Contacts. From Events, a count function could count on this email field and provide a count of how many contacts linked to the current event have an email address recorded.