AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating an invoice less deposit invoice

Question asked by willrollo on Jun 7, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating an invoice less deposit invoice

Hi

Problem:

How to raise a final invoice for a customer, taking off the initial net deposit invoce amount.

I am not sure of the best way of doing this. At the moment, The user creates an order - when this happens, I have written a 'deposit invoice' script that creates a new invoice, (with same order number, customer details etc). The deposit amount comes from the products table that is accessed via a Lines join table so that I can alter prices etc. The problem is that the products table has just net prices (ie VAT not added). But the clients pay a gross amount that includes VAT. It makes this a bit fiddly when adding a net deposit amount, even with a calculation. 

I would prefer the user types in the deposit amount as a seperate field and this amount can be the invoice amount, bypassing the products table altogether, The field can then do a calc do work out the net amount so that this net amount can be subtracted from the subsequent Final invoice. 

How would you suggest I implement this?

And also, how do I link the two invoices so that the final invoice knows to subtract the correct vat amount?

Thank you

Outcomes