1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 8:21 AM by philmodjunk

Creating and Positioning Rectangle Graphics from Field Values

MichaelShoaf

Title

Creating and Positioning Rectangle Graphics from Field Values

I'd like to generate graphics of two rectangles from user input of length and width for each and then orient one over the other based on further input of relative horizontal and vertical position.  

Input(rectA_length) + Input(rectA_width) = Graphic Rectangle A

Input(rectB_length) + Input(rectB_width) = Graphic Rectangle B

Graphic Rectangle A arranged over Graphic Rectangle B

Input(Horizontal_A_from_B) = Units of distance of Rectangle A Center from Rectangle B Center (postive number shifts A right, negative number shifts A left)

Input(Vertical_A_from_B) = Units of distance of Rectangle A Cetner from Rectangle B Center (postivie number shifts A up, negative number shifts A down)

New to Filemaker. No clue as to how to go about this. Do I need a script to do this?  Sometihng I'm missing in charts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Creating and Positioning Rectangle Graphics from Field Values
          philmodjunk

FileMaker is a Database, not an image editing program nor is it a CAD program. There is no way to do what you describe dynamically with just FileMaker Native tools. There are options you can pursue, however.

1.           There may be a plug in that would allow you to create such an image in a container field.
          3.           There might be a way; to do this with Java in a web viewer--I've seem some pretty amazing things along this line.