10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 11:09 AM by philmodjunk

Creating Chart

kyawkyaw

Title

Creating Chart

Dear,

I have a problem with creating line chart. Issue is i have too many data points to plot with line chart however i don't want to show all data point label at Axis bars. Currently, my charts are fine at line curves but too messy and can't see the label in axis even those are oriented 90 degree. Is there any option to reduce the label like MS excel chart option?

Thanks & looking forward your solutions.

Regards

kyaw

• 1. Re: Creating Chart
          philmodjunk

You can use a calculation for the X-axis labels that only shows every "Nth" label:

If ( Not Mod ( Get ( RecordNumber ) ; 5 ) ; LabelTextFieldGoesHere )

will only display every 5th label, for example. (This may not work for all possible data source settings for your chart.)

• 2. Re: Creating Chart
            kyawkyaw

Thank for your reply. But where should I write this? my data set is Date for X axis.

please see the image.

• 3. Re: Creating Chart
              kyawkyaw

I got something. but i don't understand its label step is not regularly. how can i fix this. please see in image. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Creating Chart
                philmodjunk

What options have you selected in the Data Source section of Chart Setup? (I did point out that the above method doesn't work for all data source options.)

• 5. Re: Creating Chart
                  kyawkyaw

What do u mean for options & data source selection? I just follow the syntax as you mentioned before in the data source box ( calculation with prefix formula ). All the data are number. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

• 6. Re: Creating Chart
                    philmodjunk

Take a look at the screen shot of Chart Setup that you've already posted. Notice the closed section  named "data source". Click it and tell me what options you have selected.

You've also obliterated the Y-series setting in this screen shot. What did you set up for your Y-series?

I suspect that you are specifying a summary field  for the Y-Series and using a "Summarized data" data source setting and am waiting for confirmation on that guess.

• 7. Re: Creating Chart
                      kyawkyaw

Please see the attached what i chose at data source tap. I just link desire table and sort order.

thanks again.

• 8. Re: Creating Chart
                        philmodjunk

Did you use this as the X-Axis calculation or define a calculation field in the related table for it?

• 9. Re: Creating Chart
                          kyawkyaw

Yes, i did it like that syntax at X axis data specify calculation.

If (  not Mod ( Monthly Prod::Date ; 4 ); Monthly Prod::Date )

• 10. Re: Creating Chart
                            philmodjunk

That isn't the same as my initial recomendation:

Get ( RecordNumber ) will return a value starting with 1 and numbering sequentially. Mod ( Get ( RecordNumber ) ; 5 ) will return a 0 only on the 5th, 10th, 15th etc records in a found set. From what I can see, your dates simply don't have that simple gap free sequence of values and thus you don't get a consistent pattern of a a date every 4th (in your case) date.

Does each point on your graph represent a single record in the related table? What does the raw data look like?