AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Department Dependent Discounts

Question asked by JimO'Connell on Dec 16, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating Department Dependent Discounts

Hi All,

The invoice section of my solution is fairly basic, an Invoices table related to my Line Items Table related to my inventory.  My inventory, and therefore my line items, are split into separate departments: Audio, Lighting, Rigging, Staging, Cabling, Misc, and Extra.  

On my print layout, which is based on Line Items, I have a Sub-Summary when sorted by department that houses my department totals.

What I want to do is have 2 separate totals, one pre department discount, and one after the discount, along with the discount for that department.  

The way I am currently doing it is by creating a separate discount field and total after discount field for each department based in my Invoices Table.  Then layering all the department discounts on top of each other and hiding the object when the Department does not equal the sub-summary department.

While this works and isn't a terrible way of achieving my goal, I can't stop thinking that there has got to be a more efficient way of doing this. Like one that doesn't require 14 extra fields. But I have been scratching my head for days and haven't come up with a better solution.

Any advice?

Thanks

Outcomes