AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Discounts

Question asked by seanhunt on Oct 25, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 by bcooney

Title

Creating Discounts

I am a photographer and am creating a relational database to deal with all aspects of image sales. Sometimes a client will request a 50% discount on a second use of an image and sometimes a further 50% discount on any more uses. I want to create a script that will automatically reduce the image price of the lowest priced second image by 50% (the same image can have different prices depending say on the size of a page it will be used eg 1/4 page, 1/2 page etc.) then all further image uses at 50%. Or, if agreed with the client, then a further 50% discount on any further uses. In the database the main tables that I think I would need to create this function are the Project Table (one record is one project) where I would want to click on one radio button to turn on the discount on the second image and a further button to allow 75% discount (of original price) on all further usages. If the second button is not clicked (but the first is) then all further uses would just have a 50% discount. If neither button is clicked then all image fees remain at 100%. The second table is image sales (one record is one image sale) where all aspects of the sale are stored including the usage fee. I'm afraid I haven't got a clue where to start with this!?! I know it's a big ask but is it possible that anybody could help me with this?

Yours humbly,

Sean

Outcomes