AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Invetory Count and Records

Question asked by MichaelLawrence on Sep 10, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating Invetory Count and Records

I am finalizing a database for a customer who has thrown me another request. Basically what the customer has asked for is a simple invoice database to track information about their purchases and sales, and it will be used on their Ipad. I have done this before without much of a problem, however the customer now is asking for an accurate inventory count to be kept on the Ipad and I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Hopefully someone can give me some direction.

Currently I very few tables in my database, with an 'Invoice Status' field in my invoice table/data entry layout having a drop-down selection of 'Payment' or 'Sale'. . My questions are as follows:

1) I have looked at the Stater Solution:Inventory and it seems somewhat simple. The portal on the inventory data entry screen has the options of 'units in'/'units out' from the Stock Transactions Table. The 'Inventory Table' has a count on it that basically calculates the product ID's units in minus units out.

My layout can't really have units in and units out because of the way the customer wishes the screen to mimic their old paper forms, so I am wondering: Should I create a separate layout for Payment Invoices and Sale Invoices (and create a stock transactions table)? This would allow me to set the status type for each form and separate the units in and units out field.

2) Someone else suggested keeping everything the same but writing a script that triggers on record exit that checks the invoice status, adding or deducting from the inventory total in that way.

If you have any opinions please respond I'm just wanting to do this the right way...

Outcomes