AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Links Between Related Donors' Records

Question asked by CourtneyTran on Aug 6, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 by CourtneyTran

Title

Creating Links Between Related Donors' Records

I would like to be able to create a means of generating "links" between donor profiles for donors who have relationships. Not just marriage or family relationships. For example, if I have donor A and donor B who are married and if donor C happens to be the priest who wedded them, then I want to be able to go into say- donor A's profile- and see some sort of note indicating this relationship to donor C and B, with a link to donor C & B's profiles available. I would also want this relationship to be shown in donor B & C's profile as well. 

I am not completely certain of the scope of Filemaker's ability to do this sort of thing, but ideally, I visualized something such as a diagramatic representation of these relationships, with bubbles and lines that indicate a relationship from one donor to the next. The links to these donors' profiles will be shown within these bubbles.

I am largely at the brainstorming stage and this is an idea I had. I am about to start researching it but if there is anyone who can give me input on the feasibility of this idea or tips on how to make a similar thing happen, I'd really appreciate it!

I have attached a photo of the sort of thing I have imagined.

DiagramaticScreenshot.png

Outcomes