2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 1:30 PM by zwerling

Creating Message List in Filemaker 10

bewing

Title

Creating Message List in Filemaker 10

I moved from Bento to Filemaker 10 Pro.  I used a field type in Bento called Message list which allowed me to drag and drop emails from imail or Outlook relating to a specific record.  Does anyone have a script they are willing to share? Does anyone know of a third party tool which would do this?

Regards,

Bewing 

• 1. Re: Creating Message List in Filemaker 10
          TSGal

bewing:

Thank you for your post.

For those unfamiliar with Bento, a Message List field is a field that allows you to link to your Email program (usually Apple Mail with Bento).  For example, if you have a Projects table, and you want to view all emails assigned to this project.

With Bento, the linking is done manually; not through a key field.  In Bento, you can drag and drop email messages into the Message List field.

With that preface, does anyone know of a plug-in or utility that allows you to connect email messages to a table/record?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Creating Message List in Filemaker 10
            zwerling

bewing:

Did you ever find a way to do this? I, too, would like to store emails in a message list, or whatever something similar Filemaker might offer, for each entrant in my database. I don't want the email content; a link to the email in my mail app would be just fine. 

Stephen