1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 11:17 AM by philmodjunk

Creating Monthly Statements for All Accounts

Chris

Title

Creating Monthly Statements for All Accounts

I am trying to figure out a way to create monthly statements for every account I have with my investment company. I've created a new table to draw the information I want from the account record so that at anytime, there is a history of every statement. What I'm not sure how to do is create a script to find all accounts, make new 'statement' records for every account, and pull information from each record to each statement. Is there a way to do this all with one script or will I have to create a script to go from each account, create the statement, then go back and find the next account and create the statement? I guess I'm under the impression that there's a way to find every account, somehow count them, create all the records at once, and have the data fill in with one script. Thanks. 

• 1. Re: Creating Monthly Statements for All Accounts
          philmodjunk

Are you sure that you really need a "statement" record for each statement?

It's possible to create a summary report where you find all records in a given date interval (such as a specific fiscal quarter) for either one client or all clients. Sub Summary parts and sorting can then group the records by client, account and then by date to produce a report with sub totals that shold serve as your client. It's possible to use the same layout to generate a statement for a single account, all the accounts for a given client or for all your clients and their accounts simply by performing the necessary find and sorts.