AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating most current date field... from earlier post

Question asked by vlight on Mar 5, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 by vlight

Title

Creating most current date field... from earlier post

I have an additional question for the person who sent me an answer to an earlier post of mine:

The title on the former post was:  Creating a separate field to show the most current Date in a table of Notes

- - Here's my Update Question - -

On my original post, please notice my last ⁋.  That part is still not working correctly, and i request any help you can give me.  

I now have just the one field "dateCreateOccurd" where it auto-enters the creation date when the Conversation note is created, but i've now made it user-modifiable so that an "actual occurrence date" can be typed in if needed.  

And in the sorted portal, it does show the most current date at the top, let's say 3/2 (followed below of course by the earlier dates).  

However, i still need to "capture" the fact (on another screen, in a related table) that the most current Conversation with THIS person was on 3/2.  But instead it is showing the most recent Conversation with ANYONE (in the Notes table, which in this case, is showing 3/4, due to a conversation with a different person on 3/4).

The 2 tables are People, and Notes (and Notes has 3 types: C/conversations, F/file note, N/next step)

In Notes, i'm using 3 fields for this:

1.  dateCreateOccurd (auto-enter creation date, but user-modifiable)

2.  c_MaxDate_IfConvers (calc =  If (type="c" ; Max(dateCreateOccurd) ;  " )

3.  s_MaxConversDate  (summary  = Max of  c_MaxDate_IfConvers  )

Any suggestions as to how i can get it to show me the correct date for the most recent conversation note with a particular person, NOT the most recent conversation note across ALL people.   Thanks.

Outcomes