AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating new child serial ID.

Question asked by Edu on Oct 11, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2012 by Edu

Title

Creating new child serial ID.

Apologies if I am asking something that has been asked already in the past. I've been looking already for few hours in different forums as well and I don't find something that is "close enough" to what I am looking.

I want to create a child serial number ID that is connected to a parent ID from a parent table. My problem is that when I set the child ID as serial number it affects all child IDs and not only the one I want. Is there a way I can write a script to fix this?

Parent table is "Patients". In this table I have clients number ID field "PatientNo". Its child table is "PatientsVisitDetails" and the serial number id I want to use is "NumberOfVisits".

Right now I have set "ClientNo" as serial number on creation and I have no problem with this. The problem is with "NumberOfVisits". Let's say I register patient "A" and this patient visits 3 times. Its patient number will be 1 and then it will assign details for each visit which are 3 in total. If I register a new patient "B" it will asign 2 for PatientNo, but when I add a new record FM will set number "4" instead of 1 for NumberOfVisits to this patient.  I want the child serial number to be independent from others.

Apologies if I am not providing enough information.

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

Thank you in advance

Outcomes