AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating New Records from Existing Fields

Question asked by RedDot1 on Nov 5, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by RedDot1

Title

Creating New Records from Existing Fields

I have an fp7 database which has 8 fields whose respective names are dates.  I would like to create, for each record in my database, 8 new records with the dates from the Field names plus the values that are in the 8 fields into a new text field.  So currently I have:

Field 1Field 2Field 3Field 4Field 5Field 6Field 7Field 8
Field Name:1/20051/20061/20071/20081/20091/20101/20111/2012
Value in Field:  RedGreenBlueWhiteRedGreenBlueWhite

For each record in the database I would like to put the field names into a new field called "Date" together with that field's current value into a new text field called "Note".

The result would be that I would have 8 new records for each current record.

For example, Field 1 above would become a new record with "1/2005" in the Date field and "Red" in the Note field and so on.

Value in Date Field:1/2005
Value in Note Field:  Red

I am sure there is a simple Loop script to do this but I am not familiar enough with Loops to write it correctly and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Outcomes