2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2009 10:27 AM by mmccarty

Creating New records in IWP

mmccarty

Title

Creating New records in IWP

Is there some additional step need besides Open Record Request when you create a new record in IWP?

I have a layout where the user can enter existing records and make changes.  But when the user creates a new record (from a button attached to a script) they no longer have access to the fields and thus can't enter data.  My script includes the step Open Record/Request and I know it works because the status area is prompting me to submit or cancel. 

Any ideas why this would be happening?

• 1. Re: Creating New records in IWP
          TSGal

mmccarty:

Thank you for your post.

"Open Record/Request" makes an existing record or find request available for editing.  It does NOT create a new record.

Instead, initiate a New Record Request.  You can either click the "New record" icon in the status area (leftmost icon), or create a button that executes "New Record/Request" script step.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Creating New records in IWP
            mmccarty

I got this to work if anyone else ever runs across this problem. My script goes something like this:

New Record/Request

Open Record/Request

Commit Record/Request

Open Record/Request

I have no idea why it works that way but when I did just New Record/Request then Open Record/Request the user was not able to enter data.  By committing the new record and opening it again the user can enter data.