2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 3:55 PM by KatherineGold

Creating NEW records in Join table using data from other two tables in many to many relationship

KatherineGold

Title

Creating NEW records in Join table using data from other two tables in many to many relationship

Created many to many relationship with these three tables: Users - Assignments (Join) - Keys.  I have set up: User::UserID=Assignments (Join)::UserID//enable "Allow creation of records via this relationship" for Assignments
      Keys::KeysID=Assignments (Join)::KeysID//enable "allow creation of records via this relationship" for Assignments.  When I add a portal on the User layout and a drop down menu to select a key number from the "Keys" table, I don't see any records.  I see how this works for value lists, but not for tables.  I did set some fields as "look ups" like "LastName", but it is not working.

My goal is to:

1.  Create new records in the Assignments (Join) table by selecting the user name from the User table and the key code from the Key table.  They are related on the relationship graph

2.  Then complete other aspects of the key Assignment like issue date, etc.

Can anyone help me through this?  Thank you --- kgold