AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating New Records in Parent Table

Question asked by ShaunHamid on Nov 18, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 by ShaunHamid

Title

Creating New Records in Parent Table

I have built a database to track information on television shows.  The tables are set up as Show (for the show overall) which relates via a PK/FK to Episode (for each individual episode) which in turn related the same way to Media (which tracks the inventory of media like tapes or DVD's for each episode).  Each of these tables has its own layout which holds data pertinent to each table.  I have portals set up so you can create new episodes via the Show layout, and likewise you can do the same with Media via a portal on the Episode layout.  I am able to create new episodes (though not entires shows) via the Episode layouts.  My question is, would it be possible to add records to the Show table from the Media table layout?  Right now I cannot get anything to work as far as getting the interface to create anything on the Media layout.  I can relate the episode key to the media layout and create episodes, but is it possible to create a level higher?  Am I making sense?  I have an additional question, but it is somewhat dependent on this one so I will stop there for now.  Thanks a bunch!

Shaun

Outcomes