0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 6:36 PM by StuartWalker_1

Creating PDF invoice differently outside of network

StuartWalker_1

Title

Creating PDF invoice differently outside of network

Hi. i have this script below setup so when i press a invoice button it  creates a pdf, saves on my int network server folder and emails to the customer and to myself. 

Im now going outside the office using my laptop and ipad to do quotes and invoices but cant use this script as it fails looking for the server.

How would i change the script to create a temp pdf pdf file locally and then email to the customer and emaillogs@ without saving on the server, i dont really need the server fpdf kept as i have it emailed to my snyway.

If anyone could help i would appreciate it.

Thanks Stuart

SCRIPT

Hi.

I currently have a script that creates a invoice to pdf and
           saves it on a network location and then adds as attachment to a email
           and sends.

My problem i have now is when i use fmp on a
           new ipad, when i connect to server and use it, it tries to save the
           file to the network location from the ipad and it cant as im using 3g
           and not connected to the network server.

Is there a was as the file is running from the fmserver that i can save a file direct on the server then attach to a email?

cheers

this is my script............

Emailpdf-Invoice

// Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Go to Layout

[ “Invoice” (Ordering) ]

Set Variable

[ $filePath; Value:"filewin://BP_Server/Work_drive/Important_BP/FM_Invoices/" & Ordering::Order ID & "-Invoice.PDF" ]

Save Records as PDF

[ File Name: “$filePath”; Current record ]

[

Document - Title: "Invoice"; Subject: Ordering::Order ID; Author: "**********"; Compatibility: Acrobat 7 and later ]

[

Pages - Number Pages From: 1; Include: Specific Pages; Start Page: 1; End Page: 1 ]

[

Security - Printing: High Resolution; Editing: Any except extracting pages; Enable copying; Enable Screen Reader ]

[

Initial View - Show: Page Only; Page Layout: Single Page; Magnification: Fit Page ]

[ Restore; No dialog ]

Pause/Resume Script

[ Duration (seconds): 6 ]

Send Mail

[ Send via SMTP Server; To: Clients::Client Email; BCC: "emaillogs@**********"; Subject: Ordering::Order ID& "

Invoice"; Message: "Hi "& Ordering::Client Name First& ",¶"&

"¶"

&"Attached is your Invoice for your recent order "& Ordering::Order ID& ",¶"&

"¶"

&"Your job is ready for collection unless you have already collected it."&"¶"

&"¶"

&"If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask."&"¶"

&"¶"

&"Thanks"&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"Geelong"&"¶"

&"Vic"&"¶"

&"3220"&"¶"

&"03 **********"&"¶"

&"0425 **********"&"¶"

&"¶"

&"*BANNERS * A FRAMES * PHOTOCOPYING * BILLBOARDS * FRAMED CANVAS * MESH * FLAGS * MARQUEES * T-SHIRTS *

STUBBY HOLDERS * KEY RINGS * PUZZLES * A4 FLYERS * A0-A1-A2 POSTERS * INVOICE BOOKS * CALENDARS * CD-DVD

DUPLICATION * CAR WRAPS * FASCIA SIGNAGE * STICKERS * PROMOTIONAL GIFTS * BUSINESS CARDS * BOOKS * PENS *

BAGS * GOLF TEES * CUPS * ENVELOPES * NOTEPADS * BINDERY * LETTERHEADS * BOOKMARKS * MENUS * MUGS * THONGS

* POLO SHIRTS * PULL-UP STAND

EXHIBITION STAND * STAMPS * CLOCK * BALLOONS * ENGRAVING * LED SIGNS * FRIDGE MAGNETS * VINYL CUT SIGNS *

DESIGN * INSTALLATION * DISTRIBUTION * PERSONALIZATION"&"¶"; Attachment: “$filepath”; Name: "**********"; Email

Address: "info@**********"; Reply-To Address: "info@**********"; SMTP Server: "**********";

Port: 25; Authentication Type: Plain Password; User Name: "info@**********"; Password: "**********" ]

[ No dialog ]

Go to Layout

[ “Ordering” (Ordering) ]

Clear

[ Ordering::Invoice Emailed ]

[ Select ]

Insert Current Date

[ Ordering::Invoice Emailed ]