1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 8:34 AM by philmodjunk

Creating Pie Charts

FlorianWiegand

Title

Creating Pie Charts

Hello everyone,

i am somehow stuck with charts. We are using Filemaker 12 Advanced with Server Advanced. My table is used for a work analysis in the following way.

Collum labels are the type of work that is done such as E-Mail Handling, Meeting preparations etc....

The records are always numbers representing hours. 

I want to build a pie chart that shows the percentage amount which each task takes in comparison to the total. My problem is that i can select only one collum as data source and title. 

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Creating Pie Charts
          philmodjunk

My problem is that i can select only one colum as data source and title.

It does sound like you have used fields (columns) where you should have used records in your basic table design. A related set of records with one record for each type of work would be much easier to chart.

But are you trying to chart all the data from a single record or a group of records? There's a fairly simple way to chart the data if all the data is contained in the fields of your single record: Use the calculation option and specify: List ( field1 ; field 2 ; field 3 ...) as the source of data for your wedges. Use List ( "Field name 1" ; "Field Name 2 ; ...) as the source of data for your wedge labels. Specify "delimited data" as your data source for the chart.