AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating product variations..

Question asked by Baggycat on Mar 15, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 by Baggycat

Title

Creating product variations..

I'm trying to set up product variations that I can scan in using a barcode system.

Creating the barcodes is not a problem and creating, for example, 8 variations for each product that has two colours and four sizes isn't a problem either, the problem is in not massively increasing the size of the database! If I have to have an individual entry in the inventory for each variation, especially as each entry has at least one picture, it will surely get to be unmanageable in a very short period of time.

I therefore need a little assistance in how to create the variations so that they only come out of one product code with the variations as required. The worst case we have is one product that has four colours and six sizes - 24 lines in the inventory? I seriously hope that this can be avoided somehow.

I'm using FMP 10 on a Mac. My experience with FMP is somewhat sporadic over the last 15 years or so, largely limited to helping other people who have been my Mac clients  who I support, but I can find my way around given time. I'm using the FM Business Productivity Solution.

Outcomes