3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 3:00 PM by philmodjunk

Creating Relationships for Sales Report

donjuancarlos_1

Title

Creating Relationships for Sales Report

FM10 - I need help creating a sales report that will list the Slaesperson and the transactions that they have had for a specified period of time.

Salespeople database has Salespeople info

SalesTransactions has the individual sales transactions for each sale.

I know I need global Start Date and End Date fields and  ≥  relationships between them and the transaction date in the Salestransactions database, but I am stuck there.

• 1. Re: Creating Relationships for Sales Report
          philmodjunk

Assuming each SalesTransaction record has a valid relationship to a record in SalesPeople...

Build a Summary report based on SalesTransactions.

Put fields from SalesPeople (such as their name) in a sub summary part sorted on SalesPeople::SalesPersonID //or whatever field you use to unquely identify each sales person

Put the SalesTransactions fields in the body.

Now perform a find to locate the sales personnel and transaction dates you want in your report.

Sort it by the Sales::SalesPersonID field first, then by date.

Now you should have what you want on your report.

• 2. Re: Creating Relationships for Sales Report
            donjuancarlos_1
               Aw crud, I explained it wrong.  I am doing the report you explained to me, but I am also doing a report where I have one line per salesman with the total sales between Start Date and End Date as one of the fields.  The report is then sorted by Sales Manager or Region. So somehow, I have to limit the transactions from the transactions database for that report to show just those between the start date and end date.  This is the one I am having a tough time with.
            • 3. Re: Creating Relationships for Sales Report
              philmodjunk
                 For that version, simply delete the body part.