1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 1:01 PM by philmodjunk

Creating reports

DianaMiller

Title

Creating reports

Hi,

I am new to Filemaker. We use filemaker 6.0 and we have about a dozen databases that connect with filemaker.  I would like to create various reports from the different databases but, I don't even know where to start. Is there some documentation on exactly how to create reports from filemaker without having to buy reporting software or plugins?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana 

• 1. Re: Creating reports
          philmodjunk

FileMaker's reporting capabilities have not dramatically changed from FileMaker 6 though the multiple tables per file setup we can now use and being able to view summary reports while in browse mode are nice.

You might try one of the current tutorials or books on filemaker for information on reporting, just treat each file in your system as a table in the newer documentation and feel free to ask specific questions here.

And given the many upgrades released since FileMaker 6, you really should consider upgrading if you can possibly afford to do so. The day will come soon when you will no longer be able to replace a failed computer with a new one that will run something as old as FileMaker 6.