2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 6:01 AM by philmodjunk

Creating tabs to separate information- help!

MarkDeKoning

Title

Creating tabs to separate information- help!

I am trying to create tabs within the contact details tab. So when I click on 'contact details' I want there to be multiple tabs for areas of information>

Problems:

1. I am not sure how to link the current fields to the new 'personal information' tab

2. I am not sure how to make multiple tabs (for multiple pages)

Cheers!

Filemaker_tab_screenshot.jpg

• 1. Re: Creating tabs to separate information- help!
          philmcgeehan

From what I can tell in the picture... it looks like you're not using the tabs control properly.

Click the Tab Control Tool button to create a new tab control and drag an area where you want the information to be displayed - this should be entirely within the body of your layout.

Then just drag or create new fields into the required tab.

EDIT

I just tried and you can have the tab object over the header and body.

• 2. Re: Creating tabs to separate information- help!
            philmodjunk

With versions older than FileMaker 13, tab controls that extend into the header do not display correctly. If in v13, they do not display correctly when web published, so I still advise keeping the tab control fully within the body of the layout. With a layout like this, you may want to remove the header all together.

To add a new tab panel to an existing tab control, double click a blank area of the tab control while in layout mode or select it and choose Tab Control Setup from the Format menu.

To add fields to a tab control, drag and drop from the field tool or drag and drop from FileMaker 13's new Field Picker.