1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 5:31 AM by ninja

Creating User Log-In Screen

ChrisStockwell

Title

Creating User Log-In Screen

I am trying to create a database with a log in screen. So when it is opened it will take the user to that screen. I currently have a script running that takes the database to certain layouts when opened on either a pc, iPhone or iPad but i do not know how to create the users. So right now i can make the database automatically take you to the log in page once it is opened, but then the log in does not work as i don't know how to set it up yet.

I have used File -> Manage -> Security -> Accounts to create a user with certain privileges, but how do i actually make the users work? I have seen a tutorial that says to create a new layout with username and password fields, but when you create new fields on a layout it has to link to a table. So do i need to make a table with all of the usernames and passwords?

And then once i have my layout screen working what script do i need to make the user log in layout work?

Thanks

Chris

• 1. Re: Creating User Log-In Screen
          ninja

It is always best to use the Accounts & Privileges that already exists in FMP to manage login.

Define a startup script that then looks at the account name and steers to where you want them to go:

If (Get(AccountName) = "Mary" )

GoToLayout (Mary's Layout)

EndIf

If the tutorial said to define fields with usernames and passwords in a table....well....find a better tutorial.

Each user should have their own account & password.  You can use Get(AccountName) to direct behavior after that.