2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 4:41 PM by jebber6685

Creation Date field will not put in date with import action

jebber6685

Title

Creation Date field will not put in date with import action

I want to import data from an excel file.

I imported all without problems except that upon import, the newly created records from the import action do not trigger the Creation Date field. 

The Creation date field for all the records created are blank. Now if I create a new record manually with CTRL N, the Creation Date field works as it should. 

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Creation Date field to activate with imported data creating records?

Any help here would be greatly  appreciated.

I have FMPro Advanced 11.0 v3OS - Windows Vista on desktop, Windows 7 on laptop

• 1. Re: Creation Date field will not put in date with import action
          philmodjunk

During Import, there's a small dialog called import options that pops up just before the import starts. There's a check box there for enabling import options. If you enable import options on this dialog, you should see creation dates entered into your newly imported records date field. Please note that this enables all auto-enter options. Sometimes you can't use this options when it will also auto-etner data in another Field when you don't want it to.

In such cases, You can use Replace Field Contents to update the contents of a field just after you have finished importing the records.

• 2. Re: Creation Date field will not put in date with import action
            jebber6685

OK, thanks.

Funny thing...... When I did a Replace action in a different field for the found set that was created after the import, it seemed to trigger both the Creation Date and the Modification Date.

All is good and thanks for quick response.