3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 9:36 AM by TKnTexas

Credit card billing

TKnTexas

Title

Credit card billing

We use an older application to handle our Data Center billing.  It was written a long time ago and has just worked, such as it is.  We changed credit card processors and NOW that part does not work.  They are not sure how long to fix it.  

I have been supplementing my work with billing by tracking in FileMaker Pro.  Can I add credit card billing to my database?  Do I need something custom to use my credit card processor?  I am just not sure how to start with this aspect.  

• 1. Re: Credit card billing
          philmodjunk

Yes, but there are security concerns that you will need to address.

You need to either avoid storing credit card numbers after the transaction has been processed or to encrypt that data. There are plug ins you can use to encrypt data or FileMaker 13 or newer can be used to encrypt the entire file.

There are plug ins that facilitate processing the credit card transactions. You will need to select one and evaluate it carefully in terms of how securely they manage the transactions.

• 2. Re: Credit card billing
            schamblee

360works is the first plugin that came up when I googled filemaker credit card plugins, there may be more but here is a starting point.

http://www.360works.com/credit-card-plugin/

• 3. Re: Credit card billing
              TKnTexas

Thanks for the assist Stacy and Phil.  This will get me started.  I do not really want to do this.  But, I need to research the alternatives.  The credit card processors on the 360works item were not the ones we use.  So I need to research if they are compatible.  As always thanks for speedy replies