5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 11:39 AM by philmodjunk

Credit Debit Balance Issue

JavedulHaq

Title

Credit Debit Balance Issue

Hi,

In my Db "Purchase list", I have credit debit and balance field. every thing is fine but when debit amount is larger than credit then balance amount is in minus. which is not good. I want to see balance amount as this. if balance amount is credit it should show "Cr5000" and if balance amount is in debit then it should show Db2000, as in picture. How can I do that?

Project3.jpg

• 1. Re: Credit Debit Balance Issue
          philmodjunk

Select the field while in Browse mode and then use the data tab in the inspector to set up decimal formatting. Note the options available via the "Notation" and "Negative" drop downs and associated edit boxes.

• 2. Re: Credit Debit Balance Issue
            JavedulHaq

Thanks Phil and tell me how can I remove these blank Lines at lower side of pic. All the records are stored in one table (Balance). So when I enter values in Purchase or Sale (In Portal), these blank fields line are created automatically. Any way to delete them while in list view mode? And can we add footer in list view to add fields for Totals?

• 3. Re: Credit Debit Balance Issue
              philmodjunk

Why do you have them created automatically?

You could use a script to find and delete the empty fields, but it would seem a simpler solution to not create the empty records to begin with. You can add new records in your portal on an as needed basis--in some cases simply by entering data into the bottom blank row of the portal.

• 4. Re: Credit Debit Balance Issue
                JavedulHaq

I myself don't allow them. when a new record is entered in portal, a new blank row appears automatically, that cannot be controlled. See pic.

• 5. Re: Credit Debit Balance Issue
                  philmodjunk

That is not a new blank record.

It's what I call the "add" row. If "allow creation of records" is enabled for the portal's table in the relationship used to set up this portal, this apparent row will appear in your portal. But it is not an actual record and will not create the blank records shown in your other screen shot. If you enter data into that "add" row, FileMaker will create and link in a new portal record and the add row moves down one to be ready for the next new record.  You can clear this relationship detail if you wish and use a button with a script to add new portal records.