4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 3:18 PM by CraigFiore

Cross Referencing

CraigFiore

Title

Cross Referencing

Hello there,

I am looking for help to cross reference two data bases. I hope I can explain this clearly.

I have two data bases, "Work Orders" & "Invoicing". Within Work Orders I have a portal to view Invoicing. The two are connected by a field called "JobID".

The reason I have two different data bases is because I may have up to 15 different invoices for one Work Order.

I am try to find out a way to see if there is at lease one "Invoice" file for every "Work Order" file.

Thank you,

CF

• 1. Re: Cross Referencing
          philmodjunk

I think you mean "tables" when you say "databases".

And where does this cause a proble?. If there are no invoices for a given work order, the portal to invoices will be empty.

• 2. Re: Cross Referencing
            CraigFiore

Yes, I do mean "Tables". 

Currently, they only way I can find out if a "Work Order" is missing an Invoice, is to go one by one. That will take a while with over 5000 records. I was hoping to make a script or something.

• 3. Re: Cross Referencing
              philmodjunk

Put a copy of JobID from invoices on your work orders layout.

Enter find mode

Put a lone asterisk (*) in that field.

click the Omit button in the status area tool bar.

Perform the find

This will find all WorkOrders that do not have at least one related invoices record.

This can also be performed in a script--and in which case, you won't need to place the Invoices::JobID field on your layout to do so.

• 4. Re: Cross Referencing
                CraigFiore

After all the stuff I tried, I never tried that. Thank you. worked great.