3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 4:05 PM by malijames

CROSS TAB IN FILEMAKER

malijames

Title

CROSS TAB IN FILEMAKER

A very good day to all the forum, contributors

please how can i replicate MS ACCESS CROSSTAB  in filemaker. i have google for it but cannot translate their table structure to fit my own table. i know this is not an east task but i believe someone can direct me on what to do.

in the attached image, the upper image is a replicate of my filemaker table and the lower image is what i wanted to achieve in filemaker( i manually did that in excel). please how do i get started

CROSSTABB.jpg

• 1. Re: CROSS TAB IN FILEMAKER
          malijames
          /files/931062deb9/CROSSTABB2.jpg 665x491
          • 2. Re: CROSS TAB IN FILEMAKER
            philmodjunk

Do you  have a table of students with one record for each student? the fk_Student_ID field suggests that you do so I will assume that is the case here.

Students-----<Assessment

Students::pk_Student_ID = Assessment::fk_Student_ID

If you have not already done so, define sTotalScore as a summary field computing the total of score in the Assessment table.

On a layout based on Students, set up a list view layout

put pk_Student_ID in column 1, Full_Name in Column 2. (Full_Name is an unnecessary field in the Assessment table)

For column 3, add a one row portal to Assessment. Specify this portal filter:

Assessment::Subjects = "PHE"

Select sTotalScore as the sole field in this one row portal.

Duplicate this portal for column 4, but open portal setup and change the filter expression to be:

Assessment::Subjects = "Maths"

For column 5, place Assessments::sTotalScore on the layout.

• 3. Re: CROSS TAB IN FILEMAKER
              malijames

Perfectly  answered as always.

Thanks Phil and God bless you