2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 7:57 AM by philmodjunk

Crows' feet vs T's and straight connectors.

amtrakpdx

Title

Crows' feet vs T's and straight connectors.

Dear Friends,

Newby here.

I’m setting up my relationships and have a dozen or more TOs.  Many of the relationship connecting lines are what I would expect; a straight line coming out of the ‘one’ table and connecting via a crow’s foot to the ‘many’ table.  I’ve got one connector, though that has a straight line from a ‘one’ table and connects via a ‘T’ to the ‘many’.  Another has a ‘T’ coming from a ‘one’ table connecting to a ‘many’ via crow’s foot.

What have I done?  What do I need to do?

• 1. Re: Crows' feet vs T's and straight connectors.
          SteveMartino

Your fine.  FM does a good job of knowing where to put the crows feet.

Is the side with the T a global field?

• 2. Re: Crows' feet vs T's and straight connectors.
            philmodjunk

Single line: Field option on field specifies a unique values--either the unique values validation option or auto-entered serial number auto enter option.

T connector: Field does not have an index--it's either an unstored calculation, a global field or a field with indexing disabled. Be careful when you see this one as it means that your relationship will work from the context of the table occurrence with the "T" but not in reverse from the context of the table occurrence on the other side of the relationship.

Crows feet: all indexed fields that do not have a field option specifying unique values. It's very common to have relationship lines with crows feet on both ends.