AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom checkbox issues

Question asked by JohhnyHilly on Apr 29, 2013
Latest reply on May 8, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Custom checkbox issues

Phil, I am having issues with the custom "checkbox" portal list that you assited me with building. The link to the relevant thread is here http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/bbb98a9056?page=4

To answer late you previous point, I have changed the __pkVessekID field so it is a unique value.

The first issue I am having is sometimes when I select an item on the checkbox list, the tick or cross doesn't appear in the box on the left of the item. The piece of equipment is selected and added to the equipment list on the next layout, but the tick doesn't appear in the checkbox list, which could create some confusion for the user if the piece of equipment is selected or not. The list is quite long and a scrollbar is required so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Do you know why this is happening?

The 2nd issue, is that as the list is long and the scrollbar is required, when you scroll down and select any item, the scrollbar automatically jumps back up to the top. Is there anyway of stopping this? I've searched but to no avail, it would be nice if there was someway to scroll horizontally in the portal or display it in a similar fashion.

Outcomes