3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2015 7:42 PM by philmodjunk

Custom Dialog Box Script

SamOsman

Title

Custom Dialog Box Script

Hi,

I'm using the invoice starter solution with some added fields, and currently have a field which is when a customer is overdue for a filter change, I want to have a script that runs every time a customer record is viewed to check if the filter is overdue, and if so show a custom dialog box.

I've got a script that basically says if due date is less then current date show custom dialog, depending on which way around I have the greater/less then symbol it either shows the dialog every time the script is run or not at all even if the filter is not overdue. 

So could anyone point me in the direction to have a script that runs every time a record is viewed, as well as only popping up if the the filter change date has passed the current date.

Thanks

Sam

• 1. Re: Custom Dialog Box Script
          SteveMartino

i think it would be easier to put a merge field on the layout, which is a text field with the word 'Overdue'.  Add conditional formatting with the formula if the filter is not overdue, it changes the font color to match the background color (disappear)' otherwise it will show Overdue

• 2. Re: Custom Dialog Box Script
            SamOsman

Works a treat, thanks Steve.

• 3. Re: Custom Dialog Box Script
              philmodjunk

Might not work so well if your background is not a solid color. I'd use the Hide Object When feature in FileMaker 13 or newer to make the text disappear completely when the filter change is not overdue. In older versions, you can make layout text disappear completely (rather than match the back ground color) by using conditional formatting to set the font size really large (12 point text in a single row will disappear if a conditional format changes the font size to 120 points or larger.)