2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 5:24 PM by indiguy

Custom Login screen using Codes?

simmka

Title

Custom Login screen using Codes?

Hey all! I just wanted to ask if it's possible to create a custom login in Filemaker using a code the client can enter into a field on a layout. I wanted to ask before I got too far into trying it to see if it's even possible to do in Filemaker. I've done some searching but didn't find anything helpful on any other forums. Basically I'd like to have a script that matches the code that the client puts into the field on the startup screen to their account name and then filemaker does the login process in the background.

Thanks for any input!

• 1. Re: Custom Login screen using Codes?
          simmka

Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. I bascially set up a script that tells filemaker "If code "x" is inputted into "y" field then Re-Login using Account Name "T" and Password "O" without dialog then go to layout "R" ". Seems to work pretty well :)!

• 2. Re: Custom Login screen using Codes?
            indiguy

Hi There..

i am new to FMP..i am using FMP12 ADV..i have just created one sample database..and one blank layout as login..can you pls..pls..pls..tell me steps to done this login page thing..

pls help me out..as i said before i am new here..pls tell me stepwise..

thanx a lot..

rgds