4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 8:13 AM by philmodjunk

Custom Menu Explanantion

danjherbert

Title

Custom Menu Explanantion

Hi all, fairly new to working with Custom Menu's, so I've set it up as follows:

Different menu's are based on a privelege set which a script chooses dependent on the privelege set of the user, this works fine!

But... when I choose certain items under a menu item which is specific for a privelege set it reverts back to the default menu - am I doing something wrong? I tried duplicating layouts so that they are specific to the menu and setting the menu for them as the same as the privelege set but to no avail!

Look forward to some assistance! Best, Dan

• 1. Re: Custom Menu Explanantion
          philmodjunk

.. when I choose certain items under a menu item which is specific for a privelege set it reverts back to the default menu

Can you describe that in more detail? I can think of more than one way that might be set up here and thus more than one way it might go wrong for you.

You shouldn't need duplicate layouts where the only difference is the custm menu set, BTW, there's a script step that can install a different menu set for each group of users by checking their Privilege set name.

• 2. Re: Custom Menu Explanantion
            danjherbert

Hi Phil, I'm using the script you metion to choose the custom menu based on the privelege set of the user, this appears to work fine, the issue seems to occur when I choose an option from the drop down of the finance menu it appears to revert to the default menu not the finance one.

Ok, this isn't working...

• 3. Re: Custom Menu Explanantion
              philmodjunk

the issue seems to occur when I choose an option from the drop down of the finance menu it appears to revert to the default menu not the finance one.

Yes but what exactly is happening at this point?

What option is being selected? Does it matter what option was selected?

Does it perform a script that your wrote? Is it a standard menu option?

• 4. Re: Custom Menu Explanantion
                philmodjunk

Since you are using FileMaker Advanced, you may want to enable the script debugger and then select one of the menu options that is producing this result so that you can watch things unfold step by step to see if you can spot the culprit.