3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 8:18 AM by SaterInc

Custom Menus

SaterInc

Title

Custom Menus

I have a quick question that hopefully has a quick answer :)

I'm making custom menus for my database, and was wondering if it is possible with FM to make a "Resume Script" button that appears only when a script is paused, so it is not displayed all the time. I'm using filemaker pro 10.

• 1. Re: Custom Menus
          SaterInc
             I was playing around with the idea of setting the button in a new layout by itself, and calling up a new window with that layout.  This seems rather cumbersome so if anyone can think of a better way around it would be appreciated, or I can just keep the button where it is on all my layouts.
          • 2. Re: Custom Menus
            mrvodka

Seem like you mean custom buttons not "custom menus" which have a specific meaning in FileMaker.

Anyway, not sure what you are trying to achieve but in you are popping open a new window to display a report in preview mode, you can always set the button not to print.

• 3. Re: Custom Menus
              SaterInc
                 That is how i currently have the custom resume button set up, I say custom menu because outside of my admistrative account i don't need the secretary or dock workers to see the menus, so I made up my own set for new/delete/dup records, switching layouts, sorting, and resume script button.  It works fine the way it is, and the button doesn't show up on my prints, I was just trying to set the button up so it is only visible when the a script is paused on that layout.  While this is not really needed it is merely cosmetic, just one less button the end user would see until its needed.