Or perhaps the privilege set has too restrictive an option selected in the "Available Menu Commands" drop down found on the Edit Privilege Set dialog.
I tried some adjustments, and completely locked myself out. Luckily it was a copy of the DB. I'll read up and try again.
Thanks again Mr. Phil
I've found - the hard way - that adding a couple lines of code to your 'opener' script saves a lot of hair-pulling:
If [Get (ActiveModifierKeys ) = 1 or Get (ActiveModifierKeys ) = 3]
will interrupt an opening script by holding down the Shift Key (OR Shift Key and Caps Lock)
But then the end user can also skip the opener script, by accident or on purpose.
A developer can always interrupt the opener script by using the debugger.