1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 9:41 AM by philmodjunk

Custom Report based on Sales rep with web publishing

johnharrison

Title

Custom Report based on Sales rep with web publishing

I want to ask this question and hopefully get some clarification before I buy a license for Filemaker Pro.

I will describe what I am trying to accomplish now.  I want to be able to import a sales report for the past week and the past month and then publish it to the web.  I would then like for each of the sales reps to be able to access the information on a web page.  I only want each sales rep to be able to access their sales records from the past week and the past month.

Ex.  sales rep 0001 can only see sales made by 0001 and no others

I want to know if this is achievable through filemaker pro web publishing or if there is a better alternative filemaker software I should use.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Custom Report based on Sales rep with web publishing
          philmodjunk

IWP and reports don't go well together. A lot of layout design options that work in Regular FileMaker don't work in a web browser. You may want to generate such reports as PDF's and insert them into container fields using Regular FileMaker and then your sales personnel can use their web browser to find the record for their and only their sales report for the time period specified.

If each salesperson logs in with their own account name and password, you can use this info to limit their access to just the records you want to allow them to view.

See "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a description of how to set this up.