4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 9:31 PM by dsr1

Custom Toolbars

dsr1

Title

Custom Toolbars

Hi,

I can't see any reference to FM functions that allow the creation of a custom toolbar.

Does it have this capacity and can someone please point me in the right direction or advise an alternative method?

Thanks

Peter

• 1. Re: Custom Toolbars
          philmodjunk

It is possible and there's more than one approach to consider. You can select Customize tool bar from the view menu to customize your tool bar. You can also hide the status area and replace it with a row of buttons set up to perform scripts of your own design.

• 2. Re: Custom Toolbars
            dsr1

Thanks Phil,

I would need to create my own buttons, so Customize option looks like it will not work for me. I am trying to set up a standard tool bar that will display on selected layouts, with a generic tool set (browse tools, Update, Report, Delet  and so on).

Can you see any major issues with creating a layout for this and displaying it in a second window, calling it as required?

It's not really a big deal to have one for each layout, I just have to dimension and place it accurately, but I need to get it standardised before I move into full swing. I have about 180 layouts to do before I look at layouts for the 500 existing dialogs. I will reduce these numbers with bettter use of tab controls and reusable dialog/layouts.

Thanks Again

Peter

• 3. Re: Custom Toolbars
              philmodjunk

It may be simpler to copy and paste a set of buttons across the top of your layoust that perform the needed scripts with script parameters used as needed to pass layout specific data to the scripts. There's no guarantee that windows will stay where your scripts leave them as your users can drag them around. If you use a smaller window for the tool bar and place it in front of the larger window it controls, you'll have issues with tool bar window disappearing behind the larger window.

• 4. Re: Custom Toolbars
                dsr1

Thanks Phil,

That's the way I will go.

Cheers