AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customizing a Starter Solution: Help!

Question asked by MatthewScott on Dec 12, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Customizing a Starter Solution: Help!

I have little FmPro experience and am wondering if someone can tell me how to do the following.

I have added two new name related fields to the Contacts Starter Solution for FMPro 12 for Mac. They are "MIDDLE" for Middle Name (or initials) and "SUFFIX".

I am trying to make my contacts appear in the Record Heading, the Contact List and the Contact Labels as follows:  "Title" "First" "Middle" "Last" "Suffix" 

I believe I need to update two existing Calculation fields: the "Contact Name" & the "Contact Name Labels".

CONTACT NAME
     The original "Contact Name" Calculation field only included First and Last name fields, as follows:

Case
     IsEmpty ( First ) ; Last ;  
     IsEmpty ( Last ) ; First ;  
     Last & ", " & First 
       )

Question: How exactly would it need to be rewritten so as to add the existing "Title" field in front of the "First" name AND then also add my new MIDDLE and SUFFIX fields in the appropriate order?

CONTACT NAME LABELS
     The original "Contact Name Labels" appears as follows:

Case
     IsEmpty ( First & Last ) ; Company ;  
     IsEmpty ( First ) ; Last ;  
     IsEmpty ( Last ) ; First ;  
     First & " " & Last 
       )

Question:  How should the original "Contact Name Labels" Calculation field also be updated?

Finally, am I correct in assuming that after altering the "Contact Name" and "Contact Name Label" Calculation fields as per you experts' kindly advice, that that is all I will need to do in order to get the Starter Solution's "Contact List" and "Labels" layouts to read/print correctly?!

TIA!

Outcomes