5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 7:16 AM by philmodjunk

Customizing Status Toolbar

PeterDurant

Title

Customizing Status Toolbar

Two questions:

1) I removed the "Show All" button from the status toolbar using my FMPro Adv12, but when I log in using my copy of regular FM Pro12 the "Show All" button is still there.  Any ideas?

2) Will removing buttons from the Status Toolbar also remove them from IWP?  If not, is there a way to disable them in IWP?

Thanks,
           Peter

• 1. Re: Customizing Status Toolbar
          philmodjunk

With FileMaker Advanced, you can install a custom menu that does not include the Show All Records menu option.

• 2. Re: Customizing Status Toolbar
            PeterDurant

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.  I do have FMP Adv but when I remove the Show All Records button from the file, and then open the file up using regular FMP the button is still present.

The file is hosted using FM Server Pro, but I'm wondering if I am only making changes to my status bar in FMP Adv.  Is there a way to save the changes to the status bar so that it appears the same no matter who opens it?

Thanks,
                 Peter

• 3. Re: Customizing Status Toolbar
              philmodjunk

That's not what I am suggesting. I am not suggesting that you customize the tool bar.

Use a custom menu: Manage | Custom Menus, to create a custom menu that does not include this option. This change will then be in effect for any user that opens the file unless you use a script to install a different menu.

• 4. Re: Customizing Status Toolbar
                PeterDurant

OK, I understand what you are saying.

I do want to modify the Show All function in the custom menu so I guess my question is: would that also apply to the Show all button in the status bar?

Thanks,
                     Peter

• 5. Re: Customizing Status Toolbar
                  philmodjunk

This custome menu disables both toolbar icons and keyboard shortcuts for that option. Buttons and scripts, however, can still perform the equivalent script step for that option. (Thus, you can replace the standard Show All Records with a script that does a modified show all records--such as performing a find that only finds records the user is permitted to access.)