1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 1:00 PM by TSGal

Customizing Tabs

hetchito

Title

Customizing Tabs

I am using Filemaker Pro 9.0 v3 on a PC.

I am using tabs and wanted a little more control in terms of the customization.

I would like to color the tab a different color from the body. So for example, I would like the tab color

to be dark gray, but have the body beneath the tab to be light gray. Also, I would like to add a check

box on the tab so people could see if the tab is active/inactive. The problem with that, is that it looks

like all the tabs have to be the same length.

Any advice on how to make this happen? I wanted to send along a pic, but don't have a URL to post.

• 1. Re: Customizing Tabs
          TSGal

hetchito:

Thank you for your post.

The tab and tab body are connected.  You cannot change the color of one without changing the color of the other.  Therefore, you may want to consider changing the width of the tabs to 0 (zero) pixels, and creating your own text boxes.  You can then change the color of each of the tabs without affecting the tab contents.  You would need to assign an Object name for each tab, and then use the new text box tabs as buttons to reference the object.  For example, if you have three tabs, give them Object Names of "First", "Second" and "Third".  When you create the text boxes to replace the tabs, assign them buttons that go to Object "First", "Second" or "Third".  Does this make sense?

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.