2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 8:00 AM by DavisSmith

CVT Issues

DavisSmith

Title

CVT Issues

I don't know the proper notation for describing relationships but I'll do the best I can.

My problem is that I have a CVT that filters properly but I can't get the correct name to display on the field I have on top of the ID.

My main table is called quote and my list of sinks is called kitchen sinks and their colors are listed under kitchen sink colors.

My relationships are: Quote::SinkID = Kitchen Sinks::SinkID. Kitchen Sinks::Color Group = Kitchen Sink Colors::Color Group.

Then on my quote I have the field Quote::ColorSerial with a value list that uses the serial and Kitchen Sink Colors::SinkName fields, and shows only related values from Quote. On top of the ColorSerial field I have the field Kitchen Sink Colors::ColorName. Instead of ColorName changing with the serial, it only displays the first record in the color group currently being used.

• 1. Re: CVT Issues
          philmodjunk

It is doing exactly what you desgined it to do, not what you want it to do. wink

You have this relationship:

Quote>----KitchenSinks-----<KitchenSinkColors

One record in KitchenSinks matches to many quotes record and it also matches to many kitchenSinkColors records.

That means that any given Quote record with a value in Quote::SinkID will match to possibly many KitchenSinkColors records. Any field from KitchenSinkColors will show the first record of that group--exactly as you report.

Exctly what value is being entered into the ColorSerial field? the serial number of a record in KitchenSinkColors?

If so, you need to make a different occurrence of KitchenSinkColors and relate it like this:

Quote::ColorSerial = KitchenSinkColors|Selected::ColorSerial

Then you can select your field from the KitchenSinkColors|Selected table occurrence instead of from the KitchenSinkColors table occurrence in order to get the correct value in the name field on top of the ID drop down.

• 2. Re: CVT Issues
            DavisSmith

Worked perfectly! Thanks for the help.