4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 8:00 PM by ralvy

Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit

ralvy

Title

Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit

I'm very seriously considering using of these products for putting SMTP functions in a FMPA 10 runtime application I'm actively developing. Anyone here have experience with both of these products, in order to offer a comparison of reliability? The products are produced by Dacons and CNS respectively. Any comments about the companies would also be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit
          mrvodka
             Ralph, I have sent you a private message.
          • 2. Re: Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit
            giametti

I'm in the same situation as the other poster. I've just downloaded demos of Dacon's  MailIt, Pop3It_Pro, and 360Works' Email. MailIt is somewhat less expensive than the others and seems to work OK after a few initial tests. I haven't tested the others yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit
              Steve Wright

I cannot comment on the others, but have used Dacons Mail.It for quite some time, probably in the region of 3-4 years but I cannot be exact.

I have never had an issue with it, in fact I have never had to contact them about mail.it ever ! 

I did come across an issue with their scriptfire plugin, which at the time I was evaluating (as a demo) and they where extremely helpful and quick to respond. 

From this experience, I certainly wouldnt think twice about using another of their products.

• 4. Re: Dacons Mailit vs CNS SMTPit
                ralvy

giametti wrote:

I'm in the same situation as the other poster. I've just downloaded demos of Dacon's  MailIt, Pop3It_Pro, and 360Works' Email. MailIt is somewhat less expensive than the others and seems to work OK after a few initial tests. I haven't tested the others yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

I needed a plugin for SMTP only, so can't comment on Mailit's POP3 capabilities. I assume you need that, given the name of one of the plugins you listed. After putting Mailit up against SMTPIt and 360Works Email, I can say I'm very happy with Mailit. The product works nicely for me, and when I did find a bug, they fixed it with a new release within 48 hours for me to test and confirm it works.