1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 11:40 AM by philmodjunk

Daily record count data to export to excel

jonnyt

Title

Daily record count data to export to excel

I asked this question aaaages ago back in FM6. I thought there now might be a way to do it in fm10 with the new variables etc

I want to be able to export the daily record count along with the date for each day in a given time period.

Then I want to be able to produce a line graph showing the fluctuations in the number of records created each day over a period of time.

I currently have a field called recordCount = Get(FoundCount)

I also have a layout with a sub summary when sorted by dateRecordAdded

This produces a nice looking report with the daily new record counts. owever, it wont allow me to export to excel and if I save to a pdf the I cant cut and paste or anything into excel to be able to produce the graph.

How can I achieve this?

I was thinking along the lines of creating 2 global variables and

1) building up a string with comma seperated dates e.g 01/01/2009, 02/01/2009, 03/01/2009 etc

2) building up a string eith comma seperated daily record counts e.g. 200, 210, 219 etc

I then join the two global variable string sup in a text editor and then save as a csv file

In excel I need to have the dates in row 1 and the values in row 2 - once I have that its really easy to produce the line graph.

Any thoughts and guidance on the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Daily record count data to export to excel
          philmodjunk

I don't think I'd use Get (foundcount) for this, I'd use a summary "count of" field instead.

Create your summary report so that it previews/prints with the data in the manner you need for your graph.

Choose export records and select and excel file format.

Use the "group by" window to specify the same field your grouped your summary report. Specify the data fields you want and this should give you the excel file you want.