2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2014 10:38 AM by DomMolloy_1

Data Change Triggers Script

DomMolloy_1

Title

Data Change Triggers Script

I'd like to have a script triggered once a field changes (it's a toggle - yes/no).  The front end UI for this application is written in JQuery Mobile and PHP and I don't want to mess with that but if a customer changes the value of this field I want to execute a script. Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

• 1. Re: Data Change Triggers Script
          davidanders

Customer changes data on website or mobile app?  FMP version? FMServer? ver?

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7465/~/understanding-and-using-script-triggers
               Additional Information

•           

Script triggers execute based on changes or actions performed on layouts and layout objects directly.  Scripts will execute as a result of user interaction or if a script performs the same action.  However, triggered scripts WILL NOT execute based on changes made to the underlying data.

•      
          •           Script triggers have options that allow you to modify their resulting behavior.  For example, most script triggers allow you to configure whether they work in Browse, Find, and/or Preview modes.
          •      
          •           Duplicated layouts inherit any script triggers that were defined on the original layout.
          •      
          •           Most script triggers are web compatible and work with FileMaker WebDirect.
          •      
          •           If a FileMaker Pro files that supports script triggers is opened in a version of FileMaker Pro that does not support script triggers (or the script trigger being used), the script trigger(s) will not be recognized and will not execute.
          • 2. Re: Data Change Triggers Script
            DomMolloy_1

thanks david- as i mentioned in my question - the front end is not FM its PHP using a JQuery Mobile framework. So script triggers from layouts are not applicable. I was hoping for a data driven recognition of the change at the database level. 

Thanks again - if you think of anything else let me know.