1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 1:21 PM by philmodjunk

Data Error through Relationships

p_pohlhammer

Title

Data Error through Relationships

In the attached relationship screenshot one record in the Marketing Budget is picking up the value from an adjacent record in the PAID field. This field is using data from the "amount paid" field in the Paid Funds table. All of the other records are correct and I can't figure out why this particular one is not. All of the records in the Marketing table share the same ORG number so I don't think the error is there. It has to be somewhere in the way one of the ACCT numbers is relating, but I can't find it. If anyone has a guess where in the relationship path it might be I'd love to hear from you. I think it has to be somewhere in path linking Paid Funds to the Marketing Budget table. Any other guesses?

Pete P.

Marketing_Budget_Relationships.jpg

• 1. Re: Data Error through Relationships
          philmodjunk

Apologies in advance, but can you describe this statement in more detail? "one record in the Marketing Budget is picking up the value from an adjacent record in the PAID field. "

What do you mean by "adjacent record"? (What makes them adjacent?)

Do you mean that the Paid field in one record is displaying the result expected for a different record in the same table? Your "adjacent" record?

Does each record in Marketing Budget have a unique value in ACCT?

The infomation posted suggest that Marketing Bugdet::Paid is a calculation field. Please post the calculation used.

Also, please explain the relationship between invoices and Paid Funds the purpose for the Paid Funds table. I can see that from a given invoice, it will link to all records in Paid Funds that have the same ORG, Acct and payment status as the current invoice, but don't quite see the purpose to that relationship here.