3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 10:57 AM by philmodjunk

Data Field Export History

lbellino

Title

Data Field Export History

I saw a similar post about tracking how often a record is exported, but is there a way to count how many times the data in each field is exported and which ones? For example, I've exported a store name, address, state 10 different times to 10 different people. I want to be able to track how many times this was requested, to what people and what fields were exported (store name, address, state). Is this possible? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Data Field Export History
          philmodjunk

What export methods? Just Export Records or would you need to track multiple methods including export field contents?

Could you limit all exports to scripted exports where the the field mapping is set by the script and not modifiable by the user?

• 2. Re: Data Field Export History
            lbellino

It's just regular Export command and I'm selecting the attributes/fields that I want to export. This will vary based on the requests we get for the information that they need. One day, someone could request 100 field/attributes, the next person could request just 10 fields/attributes. I wish it could be the same fields requested all the time, but unfortunately, it's not.

• 3. Re: Data Field Export History
              philmodjunk

Then there is no way to track what you want just with FileMaker's built in capabilities.

Whether or not a plug in could offer capability or not is not something that I know the answer to but you can always do a web search to see what is offered.