8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 5:43 PM by user19752

data:text/xml on WebViewer/PC

katjawaldhauser

Title

data:text/xml on WebViewer/PC

is anybody out there sucessfully transforming an xml file using xsl inside the WebViewer on PC?

the following problem occurs ONLY on PC (fm 11 + XP/works perfectly on mac):

the webviewer is set to:

"data:text/xml,"

the xml encoding and a reference to a locally storred xsl-file is set:

&"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?><?xml-stylesheet type=\"text/xsl\" href=\"" & FM_Filepath &  "XMLPrint.xsl" & "\"?>"

at the end I am serving the xml out of a filemaker calculated field:

& INTERFACE::XMLPrint

there is no problem with the xml and xsl itself, it works in every detail on mac. even when I open the content of the calculated field as a locally stored xml-file with the xsl reference inside, it is displayed correctly when I call the xml-file directly as a file inside the webviewer on PC.

BUT, when I use the data:text/xml with the xml from the calculated field I get the message (see attached in german):

a name is starting with an incorrect sign. error while working on ressource 'file:///C:/...

and the the first "<" out of my xml-declaration is shown as an error, even if it is encoded as "%3C" as shown in the webviewers layoutmode.

I know it is a VERY special task I am trying to accomplish. I only would like to know if anyone has succesfully used the data:text/xml on PC and how.

thanks a lot for every hint, katja

pc_xml.jpg